The building that has housed the meeting 1 December 1918 in which the 1228 delegates agreed the unification of Transylvania with Romania was raised in the year 1900. Interesting that where in the year 1898 began construction of the building was a hostelry.
Having regard to the role of a military Casino, the building served the military from the austro-Hungarian Garrison stationed in the citadel at Alba Iulia. In fact, officers had to enjoy the most beautiful building with an impressive entrance hall, located in the central area. The building also benefit from two inputs, Eastern and Western, on the first of them being engraved in towing the year of completion of construction: MCM.
Unfortunately, There has been no photography in Unirii Hall 1 December 1918, because the photographer needed by the Romanian authorities, Arthur Bach was not presented. The only pictures of then, in number of 5, were made outside, by Photographer Samoilă. Device with which they were made only in photos 1 December 1918 is exhibited in the Sala Unirii, being purchased in the year 1968 National Museum of Union Alba Iulia.
Immediately after the Union, the building was modified to give a sumptuous-looking as the event that sheltered. Thus, between the years 1921-1922 indoor hall has been enlarged by the construction of a vestibule and some niches from South and North extremities. The room was equipped with a semicircular arched Vault-dublouri, supported by pilasters and was decorated with columns, consoles and decorative plant-inspired Strip. The two arches and niches telescopes were designed by the Frenchman Pierre Bellet paintings on canvas, which feature personalities from Romanian voivodes and Romanian cultural life. On the Western Wall were placed marble tiles having written text Florida King Ferdinand of Romania at the country's entry into World War I., the text of the The Vote Of The Union, composition Dirigent Council and text The law for the Union of Transylvania with Romania.
Also, all now, on the West side of the entrance in the form of a triumphal arch. Its frieze draw attention through the inscription in Latin, which is meant to keep awake forever the memory of the Act of Union of the 1 December 1918.
Another amendment to the building took place during the period 1967-1968, on the occasion of the anniversary of the Union of Transylvania with Romania at times. Now the interior walls were decked with red marble Moneasa, and the pavimentul Hall was made of white marble GA. Instead of the old works in oil, damaged, It is executed, on the same subject, a series of paintings-fresco by Constantin Piliuţă, Marius Cilievici and Paul Stalk. Marble plaques on the west wall are replaced with bas-reliefs in marble of the sculptor Mircea Ştefănescu, inspired by the National Assembly on the freedom Plain Baby (3/15 more 1848) and of the great National Assembly at Alba Iulia from 1 December 1918.
Between the years 1993-1994 the last intervention took place, When is a new painting fresco, on the same subject, by the artist Horea Med. It was also then, above fireplaces installation was set up at the current coat of arms of Romania, indoor Conference were busts of King Ferdinand and Queen Marie, creation of the sculptor Campagna. Also, During this period have been restored and mounted on the wall of the Hall, marble plaques with texts the resolution of Union and Law on the Uniting Transylvania, Banat, Crişanei, Sătmarului and the regime with Romania voted by the country's Parliament 29 December 1919.
Unirii Hall hosted the official banquet given on the occasion of the coronation (15 October 1922), Festivities Of The Union (20 more 1929) Axum amidst much official and dezvelirii of Horea, Closca and crisan (14 October 1937).
Unirii Hall today represents a highly important landmark, who hosts since 1998 and an ethnographic exhibition.
Require entrance fee:Not
Unirii Hall Fare
Photo-fee 15 Lei
Video-fee 30 Lei
Tuesday-Sunday (Monday closed)
10:00 – 17:00 (cashier closes at 16:30 )
1 may- 31 August 2014
10:00 – 19:00 (cashier closes at 18:30)
Unirii Hall is closed on the following days: 1 January, 24 April, 12 June, 15 August, 25 December